Requires FREE Membership to ViewLogin
Become a Member Joining MSDynamicsWorld.com gives you free, unlimited access to news, analysis, white papers, case studies, product brochures, and more, and it’s all FREE. You’ll also receive periodic email newsletters with the latest relevant articles and content updates.
About Linda Rosencrance
Linda Rosencrance is a freelance writer/editor in the Boston area. Rosencrance has over 25 years experience as an reporter/investigative reporter, writing for many newspapers in the metropolitan Boston area. Rosencrance has been writing about information technology for the past 16 years.
She has covered a variety of IT subjects, including Microsoft Dynamics, mobile security issues such as data loss prevention, network management, secure mobile app development, privacy, cloud computing, BI, big data, analytics, HR, CRM, ERP, and enterprise IT.
Rosencrance is the author of six true crime books for Kensington Publishing Corp.
Read full bio...
JJ Food Service Retains Competitive Edge with Streamlined Operations
Established in 1989 JJ Food Service is one of the leading independent distribution companies in the United Kingdom. Visionary entrepreneur, Mustafa Kiamil, has grown the business into one of the industry’s most efficient wholesalers through its new IT systems and the doubling-up of delivered depots as cash & carries.
JJ Food Service has an authentic edge in the UK when it comes to exporting. With a prime location next to mainland Europe and outstanding transport infrastructure, the company has superior access to consumers in the European Market. They have a wealth of experience and resources in food supply, not to mention outstanding products. They are currently using these advantages to expand their export service, both to improve the business and to offer additional markets for suppliers.
AX2012 and JJ Food Service – Click here to watch
Full JJ Food Service Case study – Click here to watch
eBECS going the extra mile – Click here to watch
The decision making process – Click here to watch
Return on Investment – Click here to watch
Quality and Service – Click here to watch
Service and Value for Money – Click here to watch
- 20 hours of customer waiting time per day, cut order processing times by almost 25% and increased order levels by 50% -without increasing staff
- Gained capacity to load an extra 40 trucks per day, enabling increased business capacity through efficient stock and delivery management
- Gained a single view of their business across all functions and across multiple sites to enable enhanced business decision making
- Processed an additional £31 million of business with the same resources
- Reduced inventory and, through real time stock availability, allow the operation of a true JIT(just in time) delivery model to improve customer satisfaction
- JJ Food Service nearly doubled its pre-tax profit for the year ending March 2008, net profit of 7.4% was among the best performances within the sector.
- Replacement of Pegasus Opera given it couldn’t cope with transaction volumes and growth plans
- Selected Microsoft Dynamics AX over SAP in 2004
- Implemented Microsoft Dynamics AX 3.0 in 2005
- Winner of the British Computer Society Award for most successful core business implementation in 2006
- Winner of the Microsoft Overall Customer Excellence award in 2007
- Upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 in October 2008
- Introduced Online Ordering in January 2009. Within 6 months it accounted for 37% of all JJ sales.
- Went live on hand held invoicing systems 2009
- Upgraded to Microsoft Dynamics AX in 2012